San Jose, CA
The position carries a work schedule of Monday through Friday, daytime hours. NO ON CALL HOURS REQUIRED. We are currently recruiting for a Cardiac Sonographer to support our outpatient San Jose location supporting two Cardiologists. The technologist is charged with performing the following tasks:
- 2D Echocardiograms
- Stress Echocardiograms
- Holter Monitor placement and analysis
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who works well autonomously.
- Performs correct exams after accurate patient identification and order verification
- Prepares patient for exam and explains nature of tests to patient.
- Ensures informed consent forms are signed
- Produces diagnostic ultrasounds/echocardiograms according to established protocols
- Evaluates exam for technical accuracy and diagnostic quality
- Performs duties according to AHI safety and infection control policies and procedures
- Performs office and clerical duties related to echo department.
- Maintains a clean, safe orderly office, and an organized and safe environment.
- RDCS, RCS or eligible
- RVT preferred but not required
- Knowledge of echo technology, technical principles and procedures.
- Full knowledge of the equipment to perform Echo procedures including calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of quality care standards for echocardiograms, Knowledge of safety requirements for staff, patients and visitors
- Thorough knowledge of human anatomy to optimize ultrasound images
- Capable of working autonomously.
- Must have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong professional references
This position is benefits eligible for full time employees and is non-exempt. We offer PPO and HMO health plans, dental, vision, supplemental benefits and life insurance, earned Paid Time Off days, paid holidays, 401K participation and the opportunity to learn and grow with our company.
Please contact us if you are interested in any of our available positions.